Business License Registration in Ajman
Why to Invest in Ajman
Ajman Emirate enjoys many natural aspects and features making it one of the most important attraction spots in the region, and qualifying it to be an important hub for investments which can open new horizons in the world of economy, and provide significant investment opportunities.
Here are some of Ajman’s special features
- 1. Its strategic location among the UAE emirate, located between Dubai and Sharjah.
- 2. Availability of facilities and services such as telecommunications, power, and medical services.
- 3. The government’s care in providing the possible facilities to all investors boosting and enhancing their capabilities in carrying out their businesses successfully .
- 4. State-of-art infrastructure such as ports, roads, transport, and industrial zones.
- 5. A Free zone providing many facilities to investors .
- 6. Ajman port which provide facilities for imports and exports, maintains and vessels repair
- 7. National capitals are available
- 8. Financial incentives and transfer facilities are also available encouraging investment.
- 9. Raw materials of some industries are also available, with capabilities of mining.
- 10. Low cost of operation of many industries compared to other free zones in the world
- 11. Basic industries are available making it provide such raw materials required for some ready and semi-manufactured industries .
Defining Companies in Ajman
Joint Liability Company
- 1. To be constituted from two partners and more.
- 2. All partners shall be from the national of the United Arab Emirates.
- 3. The Partners shall be liable in their own funds and properties in regard to the company’s liabilities and no agreement shall be applied otherwise.
- 4. The bankruptcy of the company shall lead to the bankruptcy of all the partners.
Simple commanding Companies
- 1. the company may be constituted from two partners or more.
- 2. Partners are in two categories.
- 3. Joint Liability Company category forms form nationals who shall be jointly liable in all their funds and properties for the Company’s liability.
- 4. Category of one partner or partners in partnership companies shall only be liable within the limit of their shares in the capital.
- 5. All partners in the partnership companies shall be nationals from the United Arab Emirates and their share in the company’s capital shall not be less than 51%.
Limited Liability Company
- 1. The capital of this Company shall not be less than Dhs 150.000- divided into equal negotiable shares and any amount of the same shall not be less than Dirhams One Thousand.
- 2. The partners shall not be less than two, nor exceed fifty partners.
- 3. The partners shall not be liable for the company’s liability other than in proportion to their shares in the capital.
- 4. The UAE nationals share not be less than 51% of the total shares.
- 1. The national should be belong to Emirates of Ajman (holding a Passport issued through the Emirate of Ajman ).
- 2. The owner of license (non-national ) shall be liable to meet all liabilities pertaining the establishment towards the others.
- 3. The national shall not meet any liabilities arising in the name of the establishment or due to the conduct of the owner of the license.
- 4. For commercial license the license shall be one person while for the professional licenses he may share with other person (s) as works Company. This system includes many activities
Procedures of establishing business in Ajman:
This guideline summarizes for you the basic procedures with which you can establish a business whether commercial Industrial or professional in Ajman.
Conditions and Requirements:
- 1. Licensee must be eligible and qualified according to the law pertaining to trading licenses.
- 2. Dear investor, you should apply to the municipality to obtain the necessary application forms and make sure you complete all that is required for the business or the license.
- 3. The place of business is to be setup in an industrial or commercial location that enjoys the municipality approval.
- 4. Payment of the applicable fees.
Document Required for Approval:
- 1. Passport Photocopy.
- 2. Leasing contract or copy of the location Ownership.
- 3. Schematic Drawing for the business location.
- 1. Submitting the application form at the form at the Customer Services Center in the municipality for initial approval.
- 2. Following up with the Inspection Unit in the municipality to inspect the business location in real terms.
- 3. Obtaining the approval of the specialized departments inside the municipality if applicable.
- 4. Check with the of AJCC in the municipality in obtain the approval for the trade name and issuing a business register and a membership certificate.
- 5. In case of establishing a new company, attested copy of the along with all the necessary approvals in addition to recipts from the ministry of trade as acceptance into the register of the companies.
- 6. After all fees are paid, the application is submitted to the Customer Services Center in order to get the receipt.
- 7. Receiving of the license is on the following day.
How to establish a commercial, industrial or professional business in Ajman Free Zone?
To establish a business in Ajman free Zone investors should head to the Investor services Center in Ajman Free Zone to fill out an application form pertaining to the business they are planning to establish and submit it along with the following documents:
- 1. Passport copy with a passport size photo .
- 2. Pay the applicable fees then submit the application the to the person in charge at the Investor Services Center.
- 3. The trade license will be finalized during the same day.
- 4. Regarding the industrial projects, Please follow the same former steps in addition to the feasibility study of the project.
- 5. The application will be finalized and delivered within two day.
- 6. The procedures of the passports in under the responsibility of the free zone (Investor Service Center).
Activities require on approval from some official authorities according to the federal laws as per the following list :
| Official Authorities
|| Licence Type
|Ministry of Education
|| Private Schools, Kindergartens, Educational Institutions, Gymnasiums
| Ministry of Justice, Islamic Affairs & Awqaf
|| Organizing Hajj and Omrah Campaigns, Quran Recital Centers, Law Firms
| Ministry of Agriculture & Fisheries
|| Plant Nurseries, Farms, Cattle & Bird Trading , Fish Trading, Seeds & Fertilizers Trading
| Ministry of Labor & Social Affairs
|| Babysitting Services, Labor Services
| Ministry of Finance & Industry
|| All Industrial Licenses
| Ministry of Health
|| Hospitals, Private Clinics & Practices, Medical Laboratories, Pharmacies
| Ministry of Economy
|| Accounts Auditing, Foreign Companies Branches
| Ministry of Information & Culture
|| Advertising & Publicity Office, Drawing & Scripting, Organizing Event &shows, Computer Trading, Digital TV & Cable Services
| Central Bank
|| Banks, Money Exchange & Transfer, Financial Consultancies.
Free Zones in Ajman
Ajman Free Zone (AFZA)
Ajman Free Zone, established in 1988, was granted autonomous status under the Amiri decree no.3 of 1996 issued by H.H. Sheikh Humaid Bin Rashid Al Nuaimi, Ruler of Ajman. Ajman FZ has been named as the sole regulatory agency for FZ in the Emirate. Ajman Free Zone with its package of unbeatable advantages is widely recognised as entrepreneurs' haven today.